The Health Improvement Alliance of St. Joseph County is excited to offer a new part-time position to support the administrative needs of the Alliance and our community work.
Position Type: Part-time/15-20 Hours a week
Salary: $20 per hour
Contact: Laura Jensen
Resumes Accepted through October 31
Position Summary Statement:
The SJCHIA works to improve the overall health and well-being of our community by facilitating partnerships, growing opportunities, and creating a strong public health infrastructure and workforce.
Our ultimate goal is to improve the health of our community by working collaboratively to decrease duplication of services and increase the utilization of existing services and resources.
This position serves as the primary point-of-contact for the SJCHIA, providing a cross-sectional view of the Social Determinants of Health. This individual will be working to connect members on a variety of community initiatives, reporting to the Chair of the Executive Leadership Committee (ELC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination and Administration
- Overall administrative coordination with Alliance activities.
- Relationship building with Alliance members, organizational partners and state-wide health-related groups.
- Maintenance of communication materials on shared drive, including partnership agreements with the ELC members.
- Attends subcommittee meetings and takes meeting notes.
- Coordinator and steward of metrics.
- Partner with ELC to develop agendas and prepare for meetings, including communicating with presenters.
- Work with chair and logistics subcommittee to schedule bi-monthly Alliance meetings and monthly ELC meetings. Preparation includes, securing meeting space, confirmation of speakers, sending meeting reminders, ordering refreshments, securing AV equipment, sending meeting minutes, etc
Communication and Marketing
- Partner with Communications and Marketing subcommittee on communications for Alliance members and information regarding the SJCHIA.
- Complete website updates.
- Communicate with members and community regarding Alliance and subcommittee meetings through various mediums.
- Research grant opportunities to bring opportunities to the ELC.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Detail-oriented, organized professional to help coordinate and support the work of the St. Joseph County Health Improvement Alliance
- Ability to network and communicate comfortably
- Preferred- Experience in a health-related field
- Preferred- Bachelor’s degree in health-related or human services, education, communications, marketing or other field or significant human services sector experience.
- The ELC is made up of representatives from Beacon Health System, City of South Bend, IU School of Medicine – South Bend, Saint Joseph Health System, St. Joseph County Department of Health, United Way of St. Joseph County, Oaklawn, Purdue Extension, Real Services, the University of Notre Dame and other entities to be determined.
- The fiscal agent for this position is the United Way of St. Joseph County