- This event has passed.
On the frontlines of America’s drug epidemic: Opioids, Fentanyl, Meth and our response (Morning session)
May 5 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am
Join us for a half-day training featuring Sam Quinones, author of “Dreamland,” exploring the roots of America’s opioid epidemic, how it gave rise to fentanyl, meth and other substances and how leaders across the U.S., state and our community are responding.
- Sam Quinones
- Indiana Drug Czar Douglas Huntsinger
- The Honorable Gretchen Lund, Elkhart County Drug Court Judge
- Brandon Zabukovic, Michiana Opioid Task Force and Medication-Assisted Treatment advocate
- Becky Savage, President and Co-Founder of the 525 Foundation
- John Horsley, Vice President of Adult and Addiction Services
- Understand the progression of America’s opioid epidemic
- Describe how and why fentanyl became such a prevalent substance in the U.S.
- Describe substance use trends over the past three years, including overdose death rates and other substances seeing increased utilization
- Name at least four state and community initiatives seeking to reverse these trends